At WIE Freshman Orientation you can:
- Consult with continuing women engineering students about your unanswered questions
- Meet with professors in your department to get first-hand advice on how to succeed in your classes
- Learn to utilize the many resources available to engineering students
- Become familiar with campus and beat the chaos of all campus move-in by having early move-in privileges at your dorm!
- Have lunch with your department advisors, attend mock lectures, participate in team building activities as well as have free time to spend with your new friends and classmates
- Create a network of friends before classes begin!
Important Dates & Registration
- WIE Freshman Orientation is scheduled for August 22-24, 2017
- Registration for orientation is open May 30th. Register here.
- August 4: Last day to register for WIE Orientation.
- August 11: Last day to cancel your registration without a $60 cancellation fee. This cancellation fee will be used to cover the costs incurred by your late cancellation or no-show.
Depending on which residency you are moving into, WIE Freshman Orientation will either be free or a minimal cost thanks to the College of Engineering and corporate sponsorship from Abbott. Your meals, transportation and activities during orientation are free of charge. In addition, you receive a cool t-shirt! WIE will be crediting each girl $120.00 into her student account, to help offset the costs of early move-in. Early move-in for University Housing residents is $60/night. For private certified housing residents, the costs will vary. If you are charged an early move-in fee, your account will be credited the cost of your two day move-in cost up to $120. If in a private certified residence call, please contact them to verify the costs associated with early move-in.
The WIE Orientation Coordinators are working hard on planning an exciting schedule for the 2017 Orientation! Here is the schedule.
WIE Mentors & Student Coordinators
Get to know your 2017 WIE Orientation Coordinators & Mentors here.
Do you have a question but don’t know who to ask? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page (found here) for more information on WIE Freshman Orientation. Do you have a question that wasn’t include in the FAQ’s page? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.