At WIE Freshman Orientation you can:
- Consult with continuing women engineering students about your unanswered questions
- Meet with professors in your department to get first-hand advice on how to succeed in your classes
- Learn to utilize the many resources available to engineering students
- Become familiar with campus and beat the chaos of all campus move-in by having early move-in privileges at your dorm!
- Have lunch with your department advisors, attend mock lectures, participate in team building activities as well as have free time to spend with your new friends and classmates
- Create a network of friends before classes begin!
Important Dates & Registration
- WIE Freshman Orientation is scheduled for August 22-24, 2017
- August 11: Last day to cancel your registration without a $60 cancellation fee. This cancellation fee will be used to cover the costs incurred by your late cancellation or no-show.
Depending on which residency you are moving into, WIE Freshman Orientation will either be free or a minimal cost thanks to the College of Engineering and corporate sponsorship from Texas Instruments and Abbott. Your meals, transportation and activities during orientation are free of charge. In addition, you receive a cool t-shirt! WIE will be crediting each girl $120.00 into her student account, to help offset the costs of early move-in. Early move-in for University Housing residents is $60/night. For private certified housing residents, the costs will vary. If you are charged an early move-in fee, your account will be credited the cost of your two day move-in cost up to $120. If in a private certified residence call, please contact them to verify the costs associated with early move-in.
The WIE Orientation Coordinators are working hard on planning an exciting schedule for the 2017 Orientation! Here is the schedule.
WIE Mentors & Student Coordinators
Get to know your 2017 WIE Orientation Coordinators & Mentors here.
Do you have a question but don’t know who to ask? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page (found here) for more information on WIE Freshman Orientation. Do you have a question that wasn’t include in the FAQ’s page? Email us at email@example.com.