University Visit Options
The University and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s Grainger College of Engineering hosts multiple types of programs designed to get you acquainted with our campus. These visit days may include presentations, interactive student panels, campus tours, and residence hall tours. You may even be able to attend a lecture! Please know that these options may be available for incoming freshman or transfer women students.
Daily Visits for Admitted and Prospective Students: The University offers daily visit programs, consisting of admissions information, financial aid, housing, etc. During this campus visit, WIE offers a Meet and Greet, which is an opportunity for you to speak with current women engineering students about their experiences here at Illinois, Monday – Friday from 12:30 – 1 pm. The Spring 2020 WIE Meet and Greet events will start February 3rd and run through May 6, please note there will not be events on February 17, March 13, March 16 – 20, March 23, March 27, March 30, April 3, April 6, April 10, April 13, April 17, April 24. To register for this event, please follow the two step process below:
- Register Online for a Campus Daily Visit
- Register Online for the WIE Meet and Greet. Once you have registered, we will send you confirmation and details about the location.
Illini Days for Admitted Students: Held in the Spring from February – April, these day-long programs are designed to help you get to know your future home firsthand. You will have an informal, personalized session with WIE staff and current women engineering students.
- Register Online by signing up for a Campus Illini Day – Admitted Students
- You will receive an email from WIE staff about RSVP’ing for the WIE session. Once you have registered, we will send you confirmation and details about the location.
Engineering Information Bureau Days: Our student-run Engineering Council offers various visit options for prospective students. Please visit the EIB website for more information about campus visits and the Shadow an Engineer Program.
Orange & Blue Days: In the spring and fall, the University hosts Orange and Blue Days—larger, day-long programs for prospective students and their families. If you choose to visit on an Orange and Blue Day, there will be an opportunity to meet with College staff to answer any questions you might have during The Grainger College of Engineering Major Fair. The Spring 2020 dates are: March 24, March 26, April 7, and April 9.
- Register Online for a Campus Orange and Blue Day
Registered Student Organization Visit Options
- Society of Women in Engineering (SWE) – Register for the events below here. For questions, please contact SWE at email@example.com.
- Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day (Fall event): This event allows 9-12th grade girls to understand what a career in engineering might entail via hands on activities and interaction with current engineering students and professor.
- Mommy Me & SWE (Fall event): 4th – 6th grade girls can come learn why science is fun while spending quality mother daughter time.
- Round Robin (Spring event): This event allows 6th-12th grade girls to learn more about engineering and interact with current students. Round Robin will have activities specifically focused on individual engineering majors as well as projects to demonstrate the interaction between different engineering disciplines.
- Dads and Daughters Do Science (Spring event): 1st – 3rd grade girls can spend a day of science exploration with their fathers.
- Women in CS (WCS) –
- ChicTech (Fall event): The Annual ChicTech Retreat is part of WCS’s outreach effort to inspire girls to pursue an education in computer science! This retreat invites nearly seventy-five high school girls to stay overnight on campus and get a taste of the different opportunities in computer science. Over the course of the retreat, each participant will work on an individual project that she can showcase at the closing ceremony. The girls will also get to participate in fun activities such as a campus scavenger hunt, computer science trivia, and Q&A with current undergraduate students. To find out more, click here.
- Girls Who Code (Fall and Spring): This is a club that allows middle school and high school girls to explore coding in a fun and friendly environment. The goal is to inspire, educate, and equip girls with the computing skills to pursue 21st century opportunities. The CS @ ILLINOIS Girls Who Code club meets on Sunday afternoons during the school year in 0224 Siebel Center from 1:00pm-3:00pm. You can email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Engineering Open House (EOH) (Spring event): Engineering Open House is an annual student-led event featuring two days of exciting exhibits and captivating competitions that showcase the talent and ingenuity of Grainger engineers at the University of Illinois. The event is open to the public at no cost.
- Alpha Omega Epsilon Professional and Social Engineering Sorority – All AbΩut Engineering (Spring event): Admitted women students are invited to a weekend at Illinois. You will get to know campus, listen to lectures, become acquainted with your department, and have fun! Learn More
- Society of Women in Engineering (SWE) – Little Sisters Weekend (Spring event): Admitted women students in The Grainger College of Engineering are invited to an annual overnight visiting program. Get paired with a “Big Sister,” attend a college class, tour campus, and so much more! Learn More
- Student Introduction to Engineering (SITE) (Spring event): This 3 day fun and interactive program is offered to high school seniors who possess a genuine interest in The Grainger College of Engineering at the University of Illinois. Learn More
For all application related questions, please contact admissions by sending an email to email@example.com. For any engineering specific questions, feel free to contact our office by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Virtual Tour
Can’t visit campus? Tour the Engineering Campus with Valeria, a Grainger College of Engineering Tour Guide.