Stories of women in CHBE
We’ve collected stories below from some alumnae and students in CHBE. Read them to learn how these engineers apply their Illinois Engineering education in their community and around the world.
Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering (CHBE) focuses on biotechnology, including development of novel drug delivery devices, modeling and control of cristallization processes, and engineering of enzymatic catalysts for industrial synthesis.
Sample Careers & Companies
- Process Engineer (Dow Corning, Procter & Gamble)
- Reservoir Engineer (ExxonMobil)
- Rotational Chemical Engineer (Stepan Company)
- Production Assistant (ADM)
- Operations Development Program Engineer (SABIC)
- Staff Engineer (Eli Lilly & Company)
- Semiconductor Fabrication Engineer (Texas Instruments)
- ChBE 221: Principles of Chemical Engineering
- ChBE 321: Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- ChBE 421: Momentum and Heat Transfer
- ChBE 422: Mass Transfer Operations
- ChBE 424: Chemical Reaction Engineering