The Quad City chapter of the National Association of Women in Construction ACG and Lori Estes Memorial Scholarship is now accepting applications! It is due March 31, 2017.
Scholarship requirements and information:
- The applicant must be enrolled in a construction related program at a university, college, or vocational/trade school in the United States.
- The applicant must be a full time student with a minimum of 12 hours enrollment per semester and be enrolled in the Fall 2017 Semester. Students graduating in May of 2017 and not continuing their education are not eligible.
- All of these scholarships are open to both female and male students.
- Scholarships are only awarded to undergraduate students, and those working on a Master’s degree. We do not award scholarships to PhD students.
- The applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 based on a 4.0 system.
- The applicant must submit with the application a copy of school transcripts through the fall semester 2016.
- Applicants need to be permanent residents of Iowa, Illinois or Wisconsin or attend school in one of these states. Proximity to the Quad Cites is desirable but not mandatory.
- Student members or children of members of NAWIC Chapter #50 are not eligible for the NAWIC Scholarships, but can apply for the Estes or AGC Scholarships.
- Lori Estes Memorial Scholarship gives first preference to children of Estes Construction Employees, then to female students and lastly to male students. A preference will be given to those expressing a desire to return and work for QC area firms after graduating. Please describe your interest in returning to QC and how you intend to pursue QC area firms”.
- AGC student members are eligible receive the AGC Scholarship.
- Scholarship funds are paid directly to the financial aid office of your school and are to be used for tuition, fees and on-campus room & board only. We do not provide funds for project materials, books, tools or off-campus living expenses.