Blue Water Internship Program
The Blue Waters Student Internship Program (BWSIP) is actively seeking faculty and students to participate in year-long student internship opportunities. Students in the program will gain experiences involving the application of high-performance computing to problems in science, mathematics or engineering. The BWSIP is focused on promoting students of exceptional promise who may not have prior experience with parallel applications to become expert so that they can work extensively with those applications.
The program provides a student stipend for undergraduate participants totaling $5000, a two-week intensive Petascale Institute in 2017, access to the Blue Waters supercomputer, and, for a select number of interns who have excelled during the year, travel to the Blue Waters Symposium 2018.
For more information or to apply, go to: http://bluewaters.ncsa.illinois.edu/internships
Exelon Internship for Nuclear Engineering Students
- Exelon Generation
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor’s program
- Minimum GPA: Cumulative 2.8/Major 3.0
- A track record of outstanding academic performance
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
MIT Lincoln Laboratory Internship Oppurtunity
The Laboratory’s fundamental mission is to apply science and advanced technology to critical problems of national security, primarily working on sensors, information extraction (signal processing and embedded computing), and communications. A Department of Defense federally funded research and development center, the Laboratory has a focused commitment to R&D, with an emphasis on building prototypes and demonstrating operational systems under live test conditions that meet real-world requirements. Our R&D efforts span the following key mission areas:
- Space Control
- Air, Missile, and Maritime Defense Technology
- Communication Systems
- Cyber Security and Information Sciences
- Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) Systems and Technology
- Advanced Technology (electronic or electro-optical technologies, biotechnology and chemistry)
- Engineering (innovative systems to test new concepts)
- Tactical Systems
- Homeland Protection
- Air Traffic Control
For more information please visit http://www.ll.mit.edu.
Due to our contracts with the Department of Defense employment at MIT Lincoln Laboratory requires U.S. citizenship.
You will find the eligibility requirements, program details, and the application process at http://www.ll.mit.edu/college/summerprogram.html. Students interested in applying for full time or summer employment must also submit their resume to www.ll.mit.edu (employment). Via our website students can search and apply to specific full time and summer requisitions.
Cargill Global Scholars Program
- Are in their freshman or sophomore year of undergraduate studies
- Are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Demonstrate high academic performance and leadership potential
- Annual scholarship award of $2,500 for up to two years
- Fully funded travel and participation to attend two Leadership Development Seminars held during Summer 2017
- and Summer 2018
- In-person networking with fellow scholars from Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, and Russia
- One-on-one mentorship from Cargill executives in the United States and abroad