At WIE Freshman Orientation you can:
- Consult with continuing women engineering students about your unanswered questions
- Meet with professors in your department to get first-hand advice on how to succeed in your classes
- Learn to utilize the many resources available to engineering students
- Become familiar with campus and beat the chaos of all campus move-in by having early move-in privileges at your residence hall!
- Have lunch with your department advisors, attend mock lectures, participate in team building activities as well as have free time to spend with your new friends and classmates
- Create a network of friends before classes begin!
Important Dates & Registration
- August TBD, 2019: WIE Freshman Orientation
- TBD, 2019: WIE Freshman Orientation Registration will open in late Spring/early Summer
- August TBD at 5 pm CT: Last day to cancel your registration without a $60 cancellation fee. This cancellation fee will be used to cover the costs incurred by your late cancellation or no-show.
Depending on which residency you are moving into, WIE Freshman Orientation will either be free or a minimal cost thanks to the College of Engineering and corporate sponsorship from Texas Instruments, Abbott, Caterpillar, and Mr. and Mrs. Brian and Sophie Leung. Your meals, transportation and activities during orientation are free of charge.
In addition, you receive a cool t-shirt! WIE will be crediting each girl $120.00 into her student account, to help offset the costs of early move-in. Early move-in for University Housing residents is $60/night. For private certified housing residents, the costs will vary. If you are charged an early move-in fee, your account will be credited the cost of your two day move-in cost up to $120. If in a private certified residence call, please contact them to verify the costs associated with early move-in and to let them know you are moving in early.
You must attend all WIE Orientation events/activities in order for the $60/night move in cost to be covered for each day – any exceptions must be emailed at least 2 weeks prior to Orientation and approved by WIE Staff (email to email@example.com).
The 2019 WIE Orientation is being worked on. Click here to see the 2018 WIE Orientation schedule!
WIE Mentors & Student Coordinators
You can review the 2019 WIE Orientation mentors and student coordinators in the spring! Please check back.
Do you have a question but don’t know who to ask? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page (found here) for more information on WIE Freshman Orientation. Do you have a question that wasn’t include in the FAQ’s page? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.