Girls’ Adventures in Mathematics, Engineering, and Science (GAMES) is an annual week-long camp, designed to give academically talented high school girls (rising 9th-12th graders) an opportunity to explore exciting engineering and scientific fields through demonstrations, classroom presentations, hands-on activities, and contacts with women in these technical fields. In the summer of 2018, we will be offering a camp for middle school girls (Mid-GLAM) for only the second time!
We present an advanced curriculum, use world-class instructional facilities, and provide an “away from home” experience at one of the best engineering schools in the world. Enrollment in the program is limited to ensure the quality of the academic experience. GAMES has a selective admissions process based on academic performance, a written essay, and a teacher recommendation.
Applications for GAMES Camp 2018 are Closed.
Click here to download a printable flyer for GAMES 2018!
Click here to read an awesome article about GAMES Camp 2015!
Click here to see a summary video of GAMES 2014!
Summer 2018 Camp Dates:
June 25-29 MatSE Middle School (Mid-GLAM) (6th – 8th Grade) [DAY CAMP] – free– Full
- June 17-23 Bioengineering (BioE) (9th – 11th Grade) – $1,000
- June 17-23 Chemical Engineering (ChemE) (9th – 12th Grade) – $1,000
- June 17-23 Electrical Engineering (GLEE) (10th – 12th Grade) – $1,000
- June 17-23 Materials Science & Engineering (GLAM) (10th – 12th Grade) – $1,000
- July 08-14 Aerospace Engineering (AeroE) (9th – 12th Grade) – $1,000
July 08-14 Computer Engineering and Computer Science (CE & CS) (9th – 12th Grade) – $1,000– Full
- July 08-14 Mechanical Science & Engineering (GBAM) (9th – 12th Grade) – $1,000
Why should I choose GAMES?
At GAMES you get to:
- Work in state of the art engineering and science laboratories and classrooms
- Learn basic principles of chemistry, physics, engineering, and other math and science disciplines, and their real world applications
- Explore engineering and science through hands-on lab demonstrations
- Meet female college students, science and engineering faculty, and professional engineers who will share their experiences with you
- Work in teams on fun and challenging camp projects
- Make friends with bright and talented young women from across the nation and world!
To start out the week, campers will separate into their respective camps and do activities such as icebreakers, scavenger hunts or other activities to meet their new teammates. Once camp starts, the campers will have fun-filled days that include presentations and demonstrations, project times and evaluations, and evening activities.
Presentations and Demonstrations
Campers will get to enjoy many presentations and demonstrations done by our very own faculty, undergraduate, and graduate students. Campers will learn about current research and findings while having fun at the same time!
Project Times and Project Evaluations
Campers get together with their groups to work on their team project. At the end of the week, the completed projects will be evaluated to determine if they met their economic, financial, social, environmental and engineering constraints. In some cases, campers might even win prizes, gift cards or awards for their outstanding designs!
Evening activities are meant for some real fun! Different activities are planned every night. Activities include Camp Olympics, Photo Scavenger Hunt, Engineering Night, volleyball, swimming, arts and crafts, board games, bowling and so much more! At the end of the week, we have our traditional Talent Show/Dance Party where we celebrate our amazing week, the great friendships we have formed and most of all, we show off some of our talents! In the past, we’ve had campers sing, rap, belly dance, perform stand-up comedy, play instruments, and much more. Our girls are so talented!
Campers will have time to chat with their fellow campers while picking what they eat from a wide variety of food available in our residence halls. It is also a great time for them to relax and get to know our counselors, coordinators, faculty and staff!
Watch this video of GAMES 2014 that summarizes how great GAMES Camp is!
Applications and Registration
For information regarding Applications please go here and for information regarding Registration please go here. Application and Registration are two separate parts of preparing for Camp. Please read the pages carefully.
To see an example outline for a week of GAMES camp and to download a previous year’s schedule please go to the schedule page.
FAQs for Camp
In order to find the answers for Frequently Asked Questions regarding different aspects of GAMES Camp, please go here.